Including a few soups in the weekly meal prep is an awesome way to make sure lunch is ready! Keep a couple of days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest. This is a lovely combination of summer veggies, given depth by roasting and seasoning with fresh rosemary.
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, peeled & quartered
3 stalks celery, cut in 2 inch pieces
3 carrots, peeled & cut in 2 inch pieces
4 roma tomatoes, quartered
1 bulb fennel, quartered
1 zucchini, cut in 2 inch pieces
1 yellow (summer) squash, cut in 2 inch pieces
64 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On parchment lined baking sheets, spread vegetables after tossing them with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 35-40 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add vegetables to a large pot with the broth and simmer for 30 minutes with 4 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- Strain the broth into another large pot and allow solids to cool. Puree in batches in a food processor until smooth.
- Add vegetables back into broth and season to taste.