Traditional burgers will forever be awesome, but I'm always looking for new ways to whip up a great sandwich. Beans are just so good and good for us - potassium, fiber, vitamins and minerals. These patties are crunchy but delicate and smush into a velvety, savory hummus when you take a bite.
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed & patted dry
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/4 c shredded carrot
1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 T parsley, finely chopped
3 T olive oil
- In a food processor, blend beans until smooth.
- In a bowl, add beans, 1/2 of the bread crumbs, carrot, onion, egg, parsley, 1 T olive oil and 1/4 t sea salt & fresh ground pepper.
- Put remaining bread crumbs on a large plate.
- Form bean mixture into 4 patties and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 T oil in a pan over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Place on a crunchy roll with your choice of veggies & condiments.