I love cauliflower's earthy sweetness. It makes such an awesome snack raw with just a little salt. Serious crunch. But, I'm also a soup fan and this veggie makes a great base for tons of greens. Tons of vitamins A & C are swimming in this bowl - providing a major anti-inflammatory punch! Add a little savory cashew cream to elevate things.
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T olive oil
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
2 T fresh dill
32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
4 large handfuls baby spinach (or half spinach & half arugula for a little more pepperiness)
sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 cup water
1/4 t sea salt
1/8 t onion powder
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add cauliflower and dill, toss to coat with onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes (when there are 10 minutes remaining, add greens)
- Strain broth and reserve. Place solids into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add broth to pureé and thoroughly combine.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place in a high-speed blender with the water, salt and onion powder.
- Process until smooth.
- Place a dollop of the cream in the soup.
- Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.